Friday 1 June 2012

Chocolate Box Life

Life is made of experiences. That's I was in need before starting my internship in January 2012.

And when I started working at the chocolaterie I wasn't sure what I was going to get.

The first month (December) was difficult and funny at the same time: 8/9 hours standing and talking with clients but also learning how to work with chocolate and pastry.
In January both Chefs that work at the chocolaterie knew it was time for me to go. I was going to begin my internship in Economics. But they didn't know I was going to help them as much as I could outside the chocolaterie.
So from January to March, they appeared on RTP, SIC Radical (both Portuguese TV channels), magazines, the Facebook page suddenly got new likes and they made partnership deals with some cooking brands.

They even filmed this video and it appeared in some international websites:



I continued to help them in the shop on Saturdays until  last week. I met a lot of people from different backgrounds, made some friends, talked hours with the clients and most of all learned different views of life.

It's not over for me. I will continue to give myself to this amazing project they have I just can't continue to be there all Saturdays.

I'm back to triathlon. As for my future job in 2 weeks time I will already know where I'm going to be for the next year, if here in Portugal or abroad.

I'll keep you updated.

0 messages: